Today, Alarmhandler is released in 18 countries. Alarmhandler is an innovative home security system that tries to do things differently. Until now, most home owners have invested in own security systems, or paid too much for camera recording series or traditional alarm services. This is now over.
We all have irreplaceable values and perhaps dear ones at home while we are away. There’s plenty of security solutions out there, but Alarmhandler takes a different approach.
Alarmhandler focuses on four things:
- Low cost to get started: Alarmhandler is based on standardised and inexpensive IP cameras for motion/sound detection. The use of IP cameras allows you not only to detect anomaly when you’re not at home, but also to record it and do visual verification before acting. No more going home to a false alarm.
- Low ongoing costs: The expensive paid security guards from traditional alarm services have been eliminated. It’s easy to replay recordings in the app to figure out if its real or not, the system logs all activities, and helps finding persons to handle the event in case you’re not available.
- Privacy: Existing IP camera recording solutions are designed for continuous recording, which is not what you’d like in your home. We make it easy to stop monitoring when you come home and activate it again when leaving using a normal alarm-type app with ON and OFF buttons. Something that everyone in the household can operate!
- Easy setup: Alarmhandler assists in setting up cameras and turns a group of cameras into a virtual alarm for your estate. It’s easy to setup additional users who can control the alarm and get alarm notifications.
Alarmhandler has been up and running for more than 12 months in Denmark, our trial market, under the name Alarmhjælp. We believe it’s a battle proven product ready for an international launch. As of today, the service is available in these 18 countries.
The launch coincides with an update to the Alarmhjælp/Alarmhandler app. Version 2.6 has the following changes:
- Now supports signup for 18 countries
- Improved event guides incl images and localized emergency numbers
- Access to FAQ from app
- Various bug fixes
If you’re an existing Alarmhjælp customer, you will notice that our newsletter is now in English and we’ve built up an English homepage located at http://alarmhandler.com and a set of social media channels using the Alarmhandler name.
There’s a 30 day free trial period so you know what you’re buying. You can download the app from Google Play or Apple Appstore.
The Alarmhandler Team